Our Medicare Products.
Michigan seniors can choose from several types of Medicare products and plans. While some plans offer essential benefits like hospital and outpatient treatment, others cover supplemental benefits such as medication, vision and dental services, and even overseas care.
Sunnyside Medicare’s licensed agents can help you cut through the fluff and get right to the basics of Medicare. Read on to learn more about our Medicare products and the options available to you.
Explore Our Medicare Products & Plans
Medicare plans are highly customizable. Different products offer different benefits, have different enrollment requirements, and charge different monthly premiums.
Your Sunnyside Medicare agent will walk you through each option and help you build the right health insurance plan. Call us at 248-277-5948 to discuss your needs with one of our experts.
Original Medicare – Parts A & B
When you think of Medicare, you are likely thinking of Medicare Parts A and B. Also known as Original Medicare, this coverage provides benefits for most outpatient and inpatient services.
Medicare Part A
Covers hospital stays and most inpatient services, like skilled nursing care, lab tests, and even hospice care.
Medicare Part B
Provides benefits for treatment that you receive at a clinic or at a hospital as an outpatient, such as annual wellness visits and emergency room care.
To sign up for many of the Medicare supplement plans and other forms of coverage, you will first need to enroll in Original Medicare. This enrollment period opens three months before your 65th birthday month and closes three months after.
Monthly Medicare Costs
- For Part A, you could qualify for premium-free coverage or pay up to $499 per month.
- For Part B, premiums can vary from $170.10 to $504.90 per month.
Monthly Medicare plan costs vary from year to year. Signing up for Medicare during your initial enrollment period can help you secure competitive premiums. Otherwise, you could incur additional costs and penalties.
Original Medicare is the foundation of your future health-care plan. To learn more about this coverage, check out our handy guide to Parts A and B.
Medicare Advantage – Part C
Medicare Part C, also known as Medicare Advantage, is an optional form of coverage. Private insurance companies administer Medicare Advantage plans.
Medicare Advantage combines Part A and Part B benefits. Depending on the insurer, you could also receive unique benefits, such as the following.
- Telehealth appointments
- Prescription drug coverage, also known as Medicare Part D
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Hearing services, such as exams and hearing aids
- Dental exams, dental cleaning, and routine dental care
- Vision exams, eyeglasses, and contact lenses
- Wellness benefits, such as gym memberships
Your coverage and costs under Medicare Part C will vary by your plan, location, and insurance provider. For all Michigan residents, there are 18 premium-free plans to choose from, and certain counties offer up to 30 premium-free plans.
To enroll in Medicare Advantage, you will first need to enroll in Medicare Parts A and B. You can sign up for Medicare Advantage during your initial enrollment period or during the annual open enrollment period. There are also special enrollment periods for those who meet certain criteria. A Sunnyside agent can help determine if you qualify.
If you want to learn more about Medicare Advantage plans, check out this overview from the Sunnyside Medicare team.
Prescription Drug Plans – Part D
Medicare Part D provides coverage for prescription medications and some vaccines. This supplemental plan is optional but provides critical benefits for Michigan seniors.
- Coverage for common prescription drugs that Medicare beneficiaries often receive
- Specific brand-name and generic medications, which vary depending on your plan’s formulary
- Commercially available vaccines that Medicare Part B does not cover
You can purchase Medicare prescription drug plans in one of two ways. First, you can purchase a private stand-alone Part D plan. Second, you can purchase a Medicare Advantage plan with prescription drug coverage.
Are you interested in enrolling in Medicare Part D? Check out our guide to prescription drug plans.
Medicare Supplements – Medigap
Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage provide important coverage, but there are some gaps in benefits. For example, Medicare Part A only covers hospital stays of up to 60 days. Medicare Part B can have a high deductible, and your benefits end when you travel overseas.
By purchasing Medicare supplement plans, also known as Medigap, you can close these gaps in coverage. Different plans provide unique benefits, but each product offers the same core benefits.
- Coinsurance for hospital outpatient services and hospice stays
- Coinsurance plus coverage for 365 additional days of hospitalizations
- Coverage for the first three pints of blood per year for transfusions
You can enroll in Medigap during a special enrollment period. This time frame opens on the first day of the month in which you are age 65 or older and you have Medicare Part B coverage.
According to the Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services, there are 11 different Medicare supplement plans available to seniors in the state. To learn more, check out our simple guide to Medigap.
Medicare Dental and Vision Plans
Original Medicare does not provide coverage for dental or vision services despite many seniors requiring these benefits. There are exceptions for emergency services, but they are not common. However, you could receive Medicare dental or vision benefits by enrolling in a Medicare Advantage plan that offers this coverage. Benefits vary from plan to plan, but most insurers cover the following services.
- Routine dental exams and cleanings
- Fillings and root canals
- Tooth extractions
- Treatment for gum disease
- Implants, bridges, and crowns
- Routine and preventive eye exams
- The cost of eyeglasses and contact lenses
Without a Medicare dental or vision plan, you will be responsible for paying 100% of these services by yourself. Medicare vision coverage and dental benefits are critical components of any senior’s health-care plan. Check out our guide to dental and vision insurance and learn more about your Medicare options.
Contact Our Medicare Experts Today
The Medicare landscape can be very complex for Michigan seniors. There’s a lot of information out there, and it can be difficult to separate the useful stuff from the not-so-useful details.
When it comes to Medicare products and planning, you might as well rely on the best. Choosing a health-care plan is easy with the experts at Sunnyside Medicare.
- We deliver highly personalized, no-pressure service. We’re dedicated to building the best Medicare plan for your needs.
- We’re experts in the Medicare field. We’ll cut through the fluff and give you a clear overview of your options, costs, and benefits.
- Your agent will work with you before, during, and after Medicare enrollment. You’ll talk to the same person every time. No bots, no call centers—your agent is your agent.
- We put our clients over any profits. We charge no costs for our services, and we will never pressure you into enrolling in any certain plan.
Are you looking to enroll in Medicare? Sunnyside Medicare can help. Contact us today to book a meeting with one of our experts.
Looking for a Helping Hand?
Call us at 1-248-277-5948 to talk with a Sunnyside Agent. Our licensed Medicare Agents are friendly, knowledgeable and always willing to take the time to find the right plan for you! Not ready to talk on the phone? Send us an online message and an Agent will get back to you shortly. We look forward to helping you.